22.9.07

Shopping and studying

My plans of intensive studying today didn't quite work out as they should have (I have no self-discipline these days). We went shopping in Jumbo with Elina and spend few hours there. After shopping we ate in a Chinese restaurant in Haaga.

I did some studying also but not as much as planned. I learned Chinese writing and it was quite interesting and pretty difficult. I have to continue practicing tomorrow. On Monday I should return the first Chinese assignment. It's about different words and how those are written.

I managed to learn and write today words like man, fish, big, forest, shell, goat and horse. Words horse and fish I found quite hard to write. I guess all of what I did today would give good laugh to any Chinese speaking person. They just look like something a child would have done. I feel like a first grader learning to write.
Do you remember how it was when you were learning how to write letters on your notebooks and the teacher would first teach you how to hold the pen in your hand. I would need some guidance on that now. I just can't make those marks look like they should! I know that it requires a lot of work. It's a art form it self.

About that shopping I did today. My goal was to search for a coat and boots. I found cool boots in Bianco's website but those were not to be found in Jumbo's Bianco (just my luck). I searched for the coat in various shops, like Zara, Vero Moda, Vila, Esprit, Aleksi13, Stockmann... I found a good looking coat in Zara, but who does those coats! The sleeves did not fit. They were too small and I don't have big arms! The lining was sewed too tight.
I'm still thinking of buying that coat from Asos. Do you know, Petra, if they deliver the package to the nearest post office, if one is not at home during the working hours? That is the only thing now that is holding me from ordering.

I did do some shopping today, but guess who did the most shopping. Yes, it was Chris. He seems to find always something to buy. I found boots, a t-shirt and some cute little stuff for my hair. We also found a new shower curtain and a carpet for bathroom (a little pink heart!).

Unfortunately the rechargeable batteries of my camera don't co-operate anymore so no pics are available of my purchase tonight.

This is the coat I like:



Source: Asos

and these are the boots I did not get:



Source: Bianco

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jepsis, postista tulee lappu: "Teille on isokokoinen kirje"... jollei paketti mahu luukusta ja takkitapauksessa tuskin mahtuu..

mun viime sunnuntaina tilaamani paketti tuli keskiviikkona eli nopea toimitus!

Eveliina said...

Oukki doukki! Täytyypä tilata, että on lämmintä ja tyylikästä päälle pantavaa, kun jossakin vaiheessa ilmat kylmenee.