9.3.08

The International Helsinki Tattoo Convention 2008 by Chris

The Tattoo "convention" was to be the happening of the year, well ok, maybe not that special but I think we all had positive and high expectations. After all it was 18 Euros to get in + then another 2 Euros for your jacket.
On a side not, I have never quite understood that jacket fee. It's silly. I have been to places before that, even if you don't actually have a jacket, you still
have to pay 2-3 Euro's for your make believe jacket! Just a money scam!

Anyhow, myself, Eveliina, Ika and Juuso arrived at Kaapelitehdas just after 4 pm on Saturday. After about 15 mins of browsing around I thought, "there must be some more rooms here to check out, it can't all just be in this one tiny room or can it?"
Well, it could! It was like visiting a flea market, only a flea market is more fun. The only thing you could really hear was the buzzing of tattoo ink machines piercing the flesh of beer drinking-sweaty people.

They had some merchandise for sale, like punk shirts, hats, pins and whatnot, stuff that you could find in several places directly under Rautatientori. But here you had to pay 18 Euro to get to see it.

Everyone in our party sorta had the feeling that "what am I doing here and please lets just go somewhere and eat!".

Well, in 2009 we'll all be wiser and won't be attending. I have also left the 2008 tattoo convention page on Facebook. I'm no longer a member there!

Here are few pics taken by me:











No comments: