16.3.07

My mom's operation

I came just back from my mom's. She had an eye surgery done on Wednesday and she is now recovering from it. The surgery itself went fine but that is not all of it. For five days she needs to keep her head down eyes towards the floor. She also needs to sleep on her tummy. The success of the surgery depends on the position treatment she now has to do. She can't watch TV, can't be on the computer. She could read with the healthy eye, but she said that it's kind of hard. The operated eye is completely swollen and she can't really open it at the moment. I hope she can manage through the last three days that are left.
Seppo is coming from Spain on Saturday night.
My mom can't fly as long as the gas bubble is in her eye, the eye would explode.
They put gas in to her eye to replace the jellylike substance. The surgery was done because the retina in my mom's eye was detached. If the surgery had not been done the eye would have gone completely blind with the time.

No comments: