8.8.07

Fixing a PC and taking a sauna

It has been very hot for these few days. It actually started to be this hot on Monday. It is very hot in our office as well, so I'm very tired when I finally get home. In our house it's hot too because the sun shine through the windows all day. In the morning it shines through kitchen windows and in the evening through livingroom and bedroom. So the bedroom is very hot when it's time to go to bed. It's now about +28 C° in our bedroom. Luckily we have two fans that cool the air a bit.

Today after work we went to my mom's. Her computer would not start so I had to see what was wrong with it. It was the power supply as I assumed. Luckily I had my old PC there so I just took the power out and put it to my mom's PC. Now it works just fine.

I'm so glad that I don't have a PC at home anymore. The iMac and the MacBook are so much easier in so many ways and they really work.

After fixing the PC we took a sauna. It was relaxing. My brother Lari came to wash some clothes there. He is moving to Rovaniemi in the end of this month. He starts his studies in the university of Rovaniemi.

Removing the broken power supply



My mom's PC



Installing the working power supply



Power Supply

In a personal computer (PC), the power supply is the metal box usually found in a corner of the case. The power supply is visible from the back of many systems because it contains the power-cord receptacle and the cooling fan.

No comments: