20.8.07

My trip to Germany: Friday the 17th of August

For Friday Thea had bought tickets to see the opera Tosca by Giacomo Puccini. I rarely go to the opera. The tickets are quite expensive at least here in Helsinki. I suppose this one was not too cheap either. Last opera I saw was Madame Butterfly an opera also by Puccini. It was so beautiful and dramatic. I almost cried at the end of it. This was about four years ago, so it was time to go to the opera again.

The Tosca opera took place in Bregenz a city in Austria. I have never seen anything like that before. It was just amazing. I took lot of photos and some video too. Maybe you get a feeling how great it was. They are playing the Tosca again next summer. It's worth checking out!

We drove there by car and it took only an hour and a half to get there which is not bad at all.

The Festspielhaus in Bregenz



Some costumes





The stage is on the Lake Constance (Bodensee)



Thea



Heinz



My Käsespätzle and Radler





Thea and the scene of Tosca





The audience



Tosca in Bregenz:



















No comments: