18.7.07

About books and my addiction to peas

I'm starting to feel upbeat again. Todays visit to library really cheered me up. I found few books after returning back a huge pile of books.

I got a book from Sujata Massey. It's called "The Samurai's Daughter" (Rei Shimura, Samurain Tytär) I read one book written by her on my summer holiday and I really enjoyed it.

I also got a book from Shane Watson called "Other People's Marriages". I really don't know if that is good at all, so I just have to read and find out.

Then a book called "A Few Little Lies" from Sue Welfare and a book from Anita Shreve called "The Last Time They Met" (Silloin Kerran). It's a story about a man and a woman who meet after many years. The book goes back in time to their past relationship. The book is supposed to show how big effect one choice or even one word has. Maybe that book is a bit deeper than these other books.

And still one book which is about Japanese words used in everyday life, like Kabuki or Futon and about the Japanese culture itself also. So that should be interesting.

I've also enjoyed some summer treats today. I ate chicken salad, 1 kilo of fresh peas and a strawberry cupcake.

I have to tell you about my bad addiction to fresh peas. I have to buy at least two liters of them and I eat them all at ones. They are just so delicious. Today I ate 1 kilo and enjoyed every one of them.



Don't they look pretty.



Here is Pörri taking a nap...



Me and Piki again in the garden.



Checking if all the berries are still there.



One of my beautiful sunflowers.



Sormustinkukka - fingerflower



My little strawberry



I baked this the other day and it's been already eaten. It was made from our own berries.



This one I ate today with coffee. Nam!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Piki looks LOVELY!!!!

Millois sopii tulla kylään kun mulla on vaan tätä aikaa.... :)

Eveliina said...

Piukku lähettää terveisiä!

Pääsetkö perjantaina käymään? Voitas jos sää vaan sallii siemailla viiniä puutarhassa...Olen kotona joskus klo 17 maissa.

Eveliina said...

Päivitin muuten tuon kartan hieman kivemman näköiseen versioon. Siellä olis ollut vaikka minkä näköisiä pinkkejä sydän karttoja yms. Tuosta kartasta näkee ihan tarkkaan, että mistä ollaan käyty mun sivulla.

Mm. Myspacen avulla olen saanut noita vierailuita blogiin. Mulla kun on siellä linkki tuonne.

Anonymous said...

Voisin tulla sillon perjantaina!

Eveliina said...

Ok!